Terms of Service
Want to know more about your card?
Website Terms of service
TCN Group Pty Ltd ABN 87 626 501 568 (“Card.Gift”) makes a range of non-reloadable digital gift card products, codes and/or vouchers (“Gift Cards”) available for purchase via Card.gift's website and mobile applications ("the websites").
These Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”) apply to all Gift Cards distributed by Card.Gift from the time of your purchase and contains the full set of terms and conditions governing your use of Gift Cards.
We recommend that you read these Terms carefully before using a Gift Card.If you do not agree to these Terms, do not make any purchases from the Websites.
Card.Gift reserves the right to change or modify these Terms at any time at Card.Gift's sole discretion. Card.Gift will provide notice of any change or modification by sending you a notification, or by updating these Terms.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about these Terms or your use of Gift Cards.
Card.gift’s Gift Cards
All Gift Cards are subject to availability and Card.gift reserves the right to impose quantity limits on any order, reject all or any part of an order and to discontinue Gift Card products without notice, even if you have already placed your order.
All prices are subject to change without notice and the price charged will be the price set out on the Service at the time of your order. The minimum price of a Gift Card sold via Card.gift is $5 and the maximum price of a Gift Card sold is $1,000 (subject to each Retailer). If you purchase multiple Gift Cards on a single day, the total amount that you purchase on all the Gift Cards purchased cannot exceed $2,000.
Gift Cards purchased through Card.gift are available for use within Australia, and some may be available for use in or sending to recipients in other countries. Please consult the Websites and the specific terms and conditions for each Retailer (as defined below) for the use of Gift Cards outside of Australia.
Retailer Gift Cards purchased from Card.gift
Certain Gift Cards that you purchase from Card.gift are issued by participating third-party retailers (“Retailers”). Your purchase of each Retailer Gift Card is governed by certain terms and conditions established by the issuing Retailer in addition to these Terms. Retailers set expiration dates for Gift Cards as well as other restrictions and requirements. Please review all applicable Retailers’ terms and conditions prior to the purchase of any Retailer Gift Card from Card.gift.
If you have questions relating to the applicable Retailer terms, please contact the issuing Retailer. As the issuers of Gift Cards, Retailers (and not Card.gift) are fully responsible for all aspects of their Gift Card programs. Retailers are responsible for all liabilities and costs suffered by you or any other party caused – directly or indirectly – by the Retailer or their products or services. Card.gift has no obligation to resolve any dispute between you and any Retailer. Card.gift endeavours to work with reputable Retailers, however Card.gift holds no liability for the sale of products or services provided to you by a Retailer.
In purchasing a Gift Card from an issuing Retailer, you waive and release Card.gift and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees and agents from any liabilities arising from or related to any act or omission of a Retailer. Following the purchase of a Retailer Gift Card, Card.gift shall not be responsible or liable to you in the event a Retailer discontinues its Gift Cards or is unable to or refuses to redeem a Retailer Gift Card (including for reasons of their insolvency, external administration or forced closure), Neither Card.gift nor any Retailer is responsible for lost or stolen Gift Cards. If you lose your mobile device, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so we can cancel or block your Gift Card.
Retailer Gift Cards sold for promotional purposes
From time to time Card.gift may offer special promotions or offers related to purchases of Retailer Gift Cards. The applicable terms of each promotion will be posted on the Websites near the description of any such promotion.
The expiration date for a Retailer Gift Card is displayed on or on the back of the Gift Card, in your digital wallet. Please refer to the expiry date to ensure you redeem your Gift Card within the allocated validity period.
Unless otherwise stated by the applicable Retailer, Retailer Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash.
Each Gift Card purchased by you will be listed as a separate Gift Card. If you purchase two Gift Cards from the same Retailer, your wallet will contain two Gift Cards.
Card.gift is not responsible if a Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed, or used without permission. Card.gift is not responsible if any Gift Card is rendered unsuitable for redemption through no fault of Card.gift. If you have lost or misplaced your Gift Card and the balance has not been spent or changed from the original amount, email us at email@example.com, and we will send you a replacement on the condition that the lost or misplaced Gift Card is registered with Card.gift and we can confirm the remaining used balance.
Card.gift electronic (digital) Gift Cards
You can exchange the stored monetary value on Card.gift Gift Cards for Retailer Gift Card available from the Websites for the same monetary amount. If you want to purchase a Retailer Gift Card for a higher monetary face value than on your Card.gift Gift Card, you will need to pay Card.gift the balance to complete your purchase at checkout.
If you purchase multiple Card.gift Gift Cards on a single day, the total amount that you load on all the cards may not exceed $5,000.
There are no fees associated with the Card.gift Gift Card in a digital format, but please note if you decide to purchase a physical format Gift Card, you will be required to pay an issue fee of $4.95 plus standard Australia Post postage costs to receive the physical Gift Card. Note also that any Gift Card that operates on the EFTPOS or MASTERCARD payment systems will cost you an additional charge of $4.95.
Card.gift Gift Cards have a 36-month expiry date for users to exchange Retailer Gift Cards of their choice. Once the new Retailer Gift Card(s) has been selected new expiry dates will be set and terms and conditions apply to the specific Retailer Gift Cards chosen. Card.gift Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash and no refunds will be provided for Card.gift Gift Cards (except as required by law).
Accepted forms of payment are credit cards (a “Card”) for example Visa, MasterCard, American Express and ApplePay. Unless indicated otherwise, the purchase of Gift Cards will be fully billed at the time the Gift Card is issued to you. Card.gift uses a third-party PCI compliant payment processor and we do not hold any financial information. If your payment cannot be verified, is invalid or otherwise unacceptable, your order may be suspended or cancelled automatically. Card processing fees may apply even if the Card has expired or changed by the time Card.gift submits the charges. Any problems encountered in the processing of your order are not the responsibility of Card.gift.
Gift Cards are free of GST. GST or other taxes are not accounted for until the cards are used to purchase goods. These may be charged separately by the applicable Retailer at the time of purchase.
Gift Cards are supplied activated
All Gift Cards sold from our websites are already activated at time of purchase. Activated Gift Cards will be available within approximately 30 seconds however additional time may be required for certain activations. If your Gift Card has not been activated within five minutes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In rare cases it may take up to 24 hours for activation to occur, we appreciate your patience.
Please choose carefully as we do not offer exchange or refund on Gift Cards.
A re-issue of faulty or damaged Gift Cards is not available unless the fault or damage to the Gift Card is proven to be a result of the production or issuing process or otherwise due to the fault of us or our agents or contractors or where otherwise required by law. If you seek a return or refund please contact help@Card.gift.com with the reason for your request and proof of purchase for us to review. If any value on a Gift Card has been spent, we are unable to process a return or refund unless required to by law. Card.gift is not responsible for the refund of purchase price or return of any products purchased from Retailers.
Lost or Stolen gift Cards
Treat your Gift Card like cash. Lost or stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced or refunded. The bearer of the Gift Card will be taken to be the owner of the Gift Card. If you lose your mobile device, please contact us immediately so we can put a hold on your account. If someone has partially or fully redeemed your Gift Card(s) while your mobile device is lost or stolen, Card.gift shall not be liable.
Your Gift Card, your responsibility
You are responsible for the use and safety of your Gift Card. You are liable for all transactions on your Gift Card, except to the extent to which there has been negligence by us. Protect your Gift Card information by viewing it in privacy to ensure no one views and records your Gift Card information. We strongly encourage all users to have a passcode on your mobile device.
Card.gift attempts to be as accurate as possible however sometimes errors may occur. We do not represent or warrant that any description, Gift Card, Retailer or pricing information displayed on our Service is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. In the event of an error, we will endeavour to correct it as quickly as possible and revise your order accordingly, or to cancel the order and refund any charged amount.
Limitation of liability
You have certain rights under the Australian consumer legislation which cannot be excluded and are not affected by these Terms. Except for those statutory rights, any conditions implied by any other laws are excluded from these Terms. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Card.gift will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, or consequential) howsoever caused, nor will we be in default under these Terms, for failure to observe or perform any of our obligations under these Terms for any reason or cause except if caused by our gross negligence. To the extent permitted by law, if we are liable to you, our maximum aggregate liability to you is limited to the remaining Gift Card monetary value on your Gift Card.
These Terms are to be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia. Any dispute in connection with a Gift Card is exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia (including the Federal Court of Australia, Victoria Registry)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms, our Services or require assistance please contact us at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions - Chance To Win $250,000 Competition
TCN GROUP PTY LTD ABN 87 626 501 568, SUITE 11.01 LEVEL 11, 60 CASTLEREAGH STREET, SYDNEY, NSW 2000, Australia. Ph: 1300 375 346
Start date: 29/11/21 at 12:00 am AEDT End date: 31/12/21 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to Australian (excluding ACT) residents who are 18 years and over.
How To Enter
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must spend at least $100 on any gift card in one (1) transaction from www.card.gift during the Promotional Period. Entries will be automatically recorded on purchase.
The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 12:00 pm AEDT on 11/01/22 using computerised random selection. The first valid entry drawn will have a chance to play the Insured Prize Game. The draw conductor may draw reserve winners in case of ineligible or invalid entries. If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
Insured Prize Game Details
The Insured Prize Game (Game) will be held in Melbourne, Victoria on 18/02/21. The Promoter will cover the cost of the winner travelling to attend the Game. If the winner is from outside of Victoria, the prize will include return economy flights from the winner’s nearest capital city to Melbourne. If the winner is from Victoria, the Promoter will liaise with the winner to determine the best mode of transport to Melbourne. The winner shall also receive one (1) night accommodation in Melbourne (regardless of whether they are from Victoria). Any other costs associated with attending the Game are the winner’s responsibility. If the winner cannot attend the Game, the winner may participate in the Game via video link or appoint a proxy over 18 years of age to participate in the Game on his/her behalf provided the winner gives the Promoter written signed notice to that effect before the start of the Game. In the event that the winner chooses to participate in the game via video link, the flight/transfer/accommodation element of the prize shall be forfeited by the winner. The winner is responsible for meeting all travel and health requirements for any interstate travel. It is the responsibility of the winner to check with all government health authorities regarding travel requirements and eligibility. Any fines, penalties, expenditure or inability to travel as a consequence of not meeting such requirements are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any of the destinations or events forming part of the prize. It is the sole responsibility of winner to check government advisories and/or conditions regarding the safety and situation of any such destinations. In the event that the winner cannot travel to Melbourne as a result of any COVID-19 related restrictions, the Game will be played over video link. Travel itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash. The prize is subject to booking and flight availability. Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the prize. The winner may be required to provide their credit card at accommodation check in.
Insured Prize Game
The Game will consist of fifty (50) envelopes. One (1) envelope will contain a promotional message representing the AUD$250,000 prize (Major Prize). The other forty nine (49) envelopes will each contain a promotional message representing the AUD$5,000 prize (Consolation Prize). The winner must choose only one (1) envelope/prize without touching, handling or interfering in any way with any of the other envelopes on display. If the winner is found to have breached this condition, he/she will receive the Consolation Prize.
Total Prize Pool and Cash Prize Award
Up to AUD $250,000.00 The travel component of the prize is valued at up to AUD $1,000 depending on the winner’s place of departure. The prize will be paid via EFT into the winner’s nominated Australian bank account (in the winner’s name).
The winner will be contacted in writing via email and SMS on the day of the draw. The winner will also be published at www.card.gift on 12/01/22. Prize must be claimed by 09/02/22 at 5:00 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 10/02/22 at 9:00 am AEDT at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winner of the redraw will be notified in writing via email and SMS on the day of the redraw. The winner will be notified publicly (and their details published) at www.card.gift on 11/02/22. If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found, this information will be published at www.card.gift.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner.
- If the winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- ThePromoterreservestheright,atanytime,tovalidateandchecktheauthenticityofentriesandentrant'sdetails(including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- ThePromoterreservestherighttodisqualifyentriesintheeventofnon-compliancewiththeseConditionsofEntry.Inthe event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- ThePromoteranditsassociatedagenciesandcompanieswillnotbeliableforanyloss(including,withoutlimitation,indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorisedunder:NSWAuthorityNo.TP/01439andSAPermitNo.T2 1/1