Terms of Service
Want to know more about your gift card?
Website Terms of Service
TCN Group Pty Ltd ABN 87 626 501 568 (“Card.Gift”) makes a range of non-reloadable digital gift card products, codes and/or vouchers (“Gift Cards”) available for purchase via Card.Gift's website and mobile applications ("the websites").
These Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”) apply to all Gift Cards distributed by Card.Gift from the time of your purchase and contains the full set of terms and conditions governing your use of Gift Cards.
We recommend that you read these Terms carefully before using a Gift Card.If you do not agree to these Terms, do not make any purchases from the Websites.
Card.Gift reserves the right to change or modify these Terms at any time at Card.Gift's sole discretion. Card.Gift will provide notice of any change or modification by sending you a notification, or by updating these Terms.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about these Terms or your use of Gift Cards.
Card.Gift’s Gift Cards
All Gift Cards are subject to availability and Card.Gift reserves the right to impose quantity limits on any order, reject all or any part of an order and to discontinue Gift Card products without notice, even if you have already placed your order.
All prices are subject to change without notice and the price charged will be the price set out on the Service at the time of your order. The minimum price of a Gift Card sold via Card.Gift is $5 and the maximum price of a Gift Card sold is $1,000 (subject to each Retailer). If you purchase multiple Gift Cards on a single day, the total amount that you purchase on all the Gift Cards purchased cannot exceed $4,999.
Gift Cards purchased through Card.Gift are available for use within Australia, and some may be available for use in or sending to recipients in other countries. Please consult the Websites and the specific terms and conditions for each Retailer (as defined below) for the use of Gift Cards outside of Australia.
Retailer Gift Cards purchased from Card.Gift
Certain Gift Cards that you purchase from Card.Gift are issued by participating third-party retailers (“Retailers”). Your purchase of each Retailer Gift Card is governed by certain terms and conditions established by the issuing Retailer in addition to these Terms. Retailers set expiration dates for Gift Cards as well as other restrictions and requirements. Please review all applicable Retailers’ terms and conditions prior to the purchase of any Retailer Gift Card from Card.Gift.
If you have questions relating to the applicable Retailer terms, please contact the issuing Retailer. As the issuers of Gift Cards, Retailers (and not Card.Gift) are fully responsible for all aspects of their Gift Card programs. Retailers are responsible for all liabilities and costs suffered by you or any other party caused – directly or indirectly – by the Retailer or their products or services. Card.Gift has no obligation to resolve any dispute between you and any Retailer. Card.Gift endeavours to work with reputable Retailers, however Card.Gift holds no liability for the sale of products or services provided to you by a Retailer.
In purchasing a Gift Card from an issuing Retailer, you waive and release Card.Gift and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees and agents from any liabilities arising from or related to any act or omission of a Retailer. Following the purchase of a Retailer Gift Card, Card.Gift shall not be responsible or liable to you in the event a Retailer discontinues its Gift Cards or is unable to or refuses to redeem a Retailer Gift Card (including for reasons of their insolvency, external administration or forced closure), Neither Card.Gift nor any Retailer is responsible for lost or stolen Gift Cards. If you lose your mobile device, please contact email@example.com immediately so we can cancel or block your Gift Card.
Retailer Gift Cards sold for promotional purposes
From time to time Card.Gift may offer special promotions or offers related to purchases of Retailer Gift Cards. The applicable terms of each promotion will be posted on the Websites near the description of any such promotion.
The expiration date for a Retailer Gift Card is displayed on or on the back of the Gift Card, in your digital wallet. Please refer to the expiry date to ensure you redeem your Gift Card within the allocated validity period.
Unless otherwise stated by the applicable Retailer, Retailer Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash.
Each Gift Card purchased by you will be listed as a separate Gift Card. If you purchase two Gift Cards from the same Retailer, your wallet will contain two Gift Cards.
Card.gift is not responsible if a Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed, or used without permission. Card.gift is not responsible if any Gift Card is rendered unsuitable for redemption through no fault of Card.gift. If you have lost or misplaced your Gift Card and the balance has not been spent or changed from the original amount, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will send you a replacement on the condition that the lost or misplaced Gift Card is registered with Card.Gift and we can confirm the remaining used balance.
Card.Gift electronic (digital) Gift Cards
You can exchange the stored monetary value on Card.Gift Gift Cards for Retailer Gift Card available from the Websites for the same monetary amount. If you want to purchase a Retailer Gift Card for a higher monetary face value than on your Card.Gift Gift Card, you will need to pay Card.gift the balance to complete your purchase at checkout.
If you purchase multiple Card.Gift Gift Cards on a single day, the total amount that you load on all the cards may not exceed $4,999.
There are no fees associated with the Card.Gift Gift Card in a digital format, but please note if you decide to purchase a physical format Gift Card, you will be required to pay an issue fee of $4.95 plus standard Australia Post postage costs to receive the physical Gift Card. Note also that any Gift Card that operates on the EFTPOS or MASTERCARD payment systems will cost you an additional charge of $4.95.
Card.Gift Gift Cards have a 36-month expiry date for users to exchange Retailer Gift Cards of their choice. Once the new Retailer Gift Card(s) has been selected new expiry dates will be set and terms and conditions apply to the specific Retailer Gift Cards chosen. Card.Gift Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash and no refunds will be provided for Card.Gift Gift Cards (except as required by law).
Card.Gift prepaid Mastercard Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to your Card.Gift prepaid physical Mastercard (“the Card”). The Card is issued by EML Payment Solutions Limited ABN 30 131 436 532 AFSL 404131 (“EML”) pursuant to license by Mastercard and distributed by TCN Group Pty Ltd ABN 87 626 501 568 (“TCN”). In these Card terms and conditions, “we”, “us” or “our” means EML and TCN; and “you”, “your” or “user” means the cardholder. If you acquire the Card you will have a contract with us.
Accepting the Card and agreeing to these Conditions of Use
By using the Card, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You must give these conditions to the user of the Card if that is not you. The Card remains our property.
How and where you can use the Card
- The Card is a single load prepaid Mastercard that can be used for purchasing goods and services where Mastercard prepaid cards are accepted for electronic transactions (excluding transactions at ATMs or over the counter at financial institutions).
- The card must be activated prior to use and expiry. To activate the Card, you must follow the activation steps provided on the back of your card.
- If the Card is not activated within 36 months from the date of issue, it will be closed, and the available balance will be forfeited.
- When using the Card at point of sale, if required, press the Credit button to access the available balance.
- The Card does not have cash out capability. You may not use the Card to withdraw cash.
- The Card cannot be cancelled, used to obtain or redeem cash and cannot be used for making direct debit, recurring, or regular instalment payments. Use of the Card may be declined at some merchants (such as gambling merchants or merchants who choose not to accept the Card). We are not liable in any way when authorisation is declined for any particular transaction except where the authorisation has been declined because of an act or omission on our part.
- The Card is not a credit card and nor is it linked to a deposit account with us.
Checking your Card balance and transaction history
- You acknowledge and agree that we do not provide you with paper statements. Card transaction activity and balance information can be found by accessing card.gift/activate.
- You are responsible for checking your transaction history and knowing the available balance for the Card.
- You are responsible for ensuring the availability of sufficient funds for all transactions. The Card cannot be used to make transactions that exceed the available balance. For such a transaction you need to pay the difference by another method if the merchant agrees.
- In the event the available amount on the Card is less than the purchase amount, some merchants may not allow the Cardholder to combine multiple payment types (such as cash, cheque or another payment card) to complete the transaction.
Validity and Card Expiry
- The Card is valid until the expiry date shown on the Card and cannot be used after expiry. After its expiry, or cancellation for non-activation, any balance will be forfeited and the Card will be declined when presented for use. We will not give you any notice before this happens.
- To check the Card expiry date, go to card.gift/activate
Your Card, your responsibility
- The Card is like cash. We have no obligation to replace or refund value for misused, lost, stolen or damaged Cards except where we have breached any condition or warranty implied under consumer protection legislation that cannot be excluded in these terms and conditions (for example, warranties as to the exercise of due care and skill in providing services and as to fitness for purpose of materials we provide).
- You are responsible for all transactions on the Card, except where there has been fraud or negligence by our staff or agents. If you notice any error relating to the Card, you should notify TCN Customer Support immediately on 1300 375 346 during business hours or alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com
- Except to the extent required by law, we are not liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in any way related to the use of the Cards, including:
- if authorisation is declined for any transaction, except where the authorisation has been declined because of an act or omission on our part;
- if you permit someone else to use the Card, you will be responsible for any transactions initiated by that person with the Card;
- the availability of merchants who allow the use of the Card as payment;
- reduced levels of service caused by the failure of third-party communications and network providers (except to the extent deemed liable under the ePayments Code).
- Unauthorised transactions can happen using the Card if the Device it is lost or stolen, a personal identification number (“PIN”) is revealed to any other person, or because of fraud.
Errors and complaints
- If we discover an error in the amount of funds loaded, reloaded, received or used for any reason, we are authorised to rectify the error without further notice to you, including but not limited to debiting the equal amount of funds found in error from your Cards available balance.
- If you notice any error relating to the Card or have a query about the Card, you should initially contact TCN by phoning Customer Support during business hours. TCN Customer Support can be contacted on:
- Phone: 1300 375 346, or
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a complaint relating to the Card, please contact EML at any of the following: Phone: 1300 739 889 from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday (Sydney time) Email: email@example.com.
Fees and Charges
- We do not charge any fees for using the Card. However, to the extent permitted by law, some merchants may charge you for using the Card and such fees may be deducted from the balance of your Card at the time of the transaction.
- A 2.99% foreign exchange conversion fee applies to transactions in any currency other than Australian dollars and is calculated on the Australian dollar transaction amount. This will be included in the total transaction amount debited to the Card.
Refunds or exchanges
- Any refunds on Card transactions are subject to the policy of the specific merchant. If the Card expires or is revoked before you have spent any funds resulting from a refund then you will have no access to those funds.
- You cannot “stop payment” on any transaction after it has been completed. If you have a problem with a purchase made with the Card, or a dispute with a merchant, you must deal directly with the merchant involved. If you cannot resolve the dispute with the merchant, you can contact TCN Customer Support.
- Information will be disclosed to third parties about the Card, or transactions made with the Card, whenever allowed by law, and where necessary to operate the Card and process transactions. Our Privacy Policies are available at:
- EML: https://www.emlpayments.com/privacy
- TCN: https://card.gift/page/privacy-policy
Changes to these Conditions of Use
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes to the Terms and Conditions can be viewed at https://card.gift/page/terms-of-service.
Card.Gift Corporate – Chance To Win $5K Gift Card Terms & Conditions
The Promoter TCN GROUP PTY LTD ABN 87 626 501 568, SUITE 11.01 LEVEL 11, 60 CASTLEREAGH STREET, SYDNEY, NSW 2000, Australia. Phone: 1300 375 346
The promotional period will commence at 9:30am AEDT on 19 October 2022 and end at 11:59pm AEDT on 30 November 2022 (Promotional Period).
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over. To enter the Promotion, the entrant must have a registered ABN and spend at least $5,000 on any corporate gift card purchase in one (1) transaction through an enquiry on www.card.gift during the Promotional Period.
Entries will be automatically recorded and entered into this promotion and will be considered a valid entry. Multiple entries per Eligible Business will be accepted.
Prizes: There is one (1) prize, being a $5,000 in eftpos Gift Cards for the winner (Prize).
How Winners are Determined
The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. At 1:00pm on Thursday 1 December 2022, each valid entry will be entered into a process of random selection. One (1) winning entry will be selected by random draw (Winner). The random draw will take place at 250 – 254 Swan Street, Richmond 3141, Victoria, Australia.
Claiming the Prize
The winner will be contacted in writing via email and SMS on the day of the draw. The winner will also be published at www.card.gift on 02/12/22. Prize must be claimed by 09/12/22 at 5:00 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 12/12/22 at 9:00 am AEDT. The winner of the redraw will be notified in writing via email and SMS on the day of the redraw. The winner will be notified. If there are no prize winner/s or winner/s for this Promotion cannot be found, this information will be published at www.card.gift.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, businesses involved in determination of winner/s for the Promotion, businesses involved in the management of the Promotion, any organisation benefiting from the Promotion, the Promoter’s distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner.
- If the winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will resolve the dispute in direct consultation with the entrant. If the dispute cannot be resolved the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
Accepted forms of payment are credit cards (a “Card”) for example Visa, MasterCard, American Express and ApplePay. Unless indicated otherwise, the purchase of Gift Cards will be fully billed at the time the Gift Card is issued to you. Card.gift uses a third-party PCI compliant payment processor and we do not hold any financial information. If your payment cannot be verified, is invalid or otherwise unacceptable, your order may be suspended or cancelled automatically. Card processing fees may apply even if the Card has expired or changed by the time Card.gift submits the charges. Any problems encountered in the processing of your order are not the responsibility of Card.gift.
Gift Cards are free of GST. GST or other taxes are not accounted for until the cards are used to purchase goods. These may be charged separately by the applicable Retailer at the time of purchase.
Gift Cards are supplied activated
All Gift Cards sold from our websites are already activated at time of purchase. Activated Gift Cards will be available within approximately 30 seconds however additional time may be required for certain activations. If your Gift Card has not been activated within five minutes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In rare cases it may take up to 24 hours for activation to occur, we appreciate your patience.
Please choose carefully as we do not offer exchange or refund on Gift Cards.
A re-issue of faulty or damaged Gift Cards is not available unless the fault or damage to the Gift Card is proven to be a result of the production or issuing process or otherwise due to the fault of us or our agents or contractors or where otherwise required by law. If you seek a return or refund please contact email@example.com with the reason for your request and proof of purchase for us to review. If any value on a Gift Card has been spent, we are unable to process a return or refund unless required to by law. Card.Gift is not responsible for the refund of purchase price or return of any products purchased from Retailers.
Lost or Stolen gift Cards
Treat your Gift Card like cash. Lost or stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced or refunded. The bearer of the Gift Card will be taken to be the owner of the Gift Card. If you lose your mobile device, please contact us immediately so we can put a hold on your account. If someone has partially or fully redeemed your Gift Card(s) while your mobile device is lost or stolen, Card.Gift shall not be liable.
Your Gift Card, your responsibility
You are responsible for the use and safety of your Gift Card. You are liable for all transactions on your Gift Card, except to the extent to which there has been negligence by us. Protect your Gift Card information by viewing it in privacy to ensure no one views and records your Gift Card information. We strongly encourage all users to have a passcode on your mobile device.
Card.Gift attempts to be as accurate as possible however sometimes errors may occur. We do not represent or warrant that any description, Gift Card, Retailer or pricing information displayed on our Service is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. In the event of an error, we will endeavour to correct it as quickly as possible and revise your order accordingly, or to cancel the order and refund any charged amount.
Limitation of liability
You have certain rights under the Australian consumer legislation which cannot be excluded and are not affected by these Terms. Except for those statutory rights, any conditions implied by any other laws are excluded from these Terms. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Card.Gift will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, or consequential) howsoever caused, nor will we be in default under these Terms, for failure to observe or perform any of our obligations under these Terms for any reason or cause except if caused by our gross negligence. To the extent permitted by law, if we are liable to you, our maximum aggregate liability to you is limited to the remaining Gift Card monetary value on your Gift Card.
These Terms are to be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia. Any dispute in connection with a Gift Card is exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia (including the Federal Court of Australia, Victoria Registry)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms, our Services or require assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.